Tuesday, August 6, 2013

11 weeks old!

Soon I may have to increase my updates to twice weekly because so many things are happening to me everyday.  I can barely keep up with all my thoughts!!

Last week, Mommy noted that I love to watch Niam go about his activities. This is not an easy task because he flies with enormous lightning speed. My big brother is playful, full of life, and wants to hang out with me. Of course, I love to look at him, learn from him, and listen to his non stop chatter.

I also enjoy the animal farm next to my diaper changing table. Mommy can pretty much leave me there and go about her other business, and I'll be entertained and engrossed. My changing table now has the animal farm, black and white cards, and a Mozart caterpillar.  So much to do there that I love my diaper changes!

For the last two days, I have been feeling bit funny and I keep waking up at nighttime. Then, last night I had a hard time sleeping too. Easy sleepers have hard times too sometimes. I slept next to momma both nights and it was alright. Mommy thinks I may be teething or getting sick. We will see.....

Teething or not? That's the question. I have been drooling a lot this past week.  I move my tongue through my mouth,  but I'm still not sure.  I have a doctors appointment next week and we will know more then.  I also enjoy putting my hands in my mouth like a chicken drumstick (what does that mean?)

Another funny thing happened this past week: I am getting harder and harder to burp.  This is of particular importance because I am also extremely gassy.  This is not a good combination and does cause me to cry from time to time.  Ironically Mommy called me 'the burper' early on. Now, however, the usual burping positions simply do not work. I think I need new positions: maybe a tight squeeze on momma's chest or walk on her shoulder. No patting please!

Last week I gave daddy a hard time. Every time he would try to rock and pat me to sleep I would cry louder. He was worried he had lost his magic! I came around the next day, however, and mommy was relieved. She said that she needs a break here and there and of course, I like to hear daddy's voice.

Mommy also left me with dad to go to dentist and daddy and mommy were nervous in case I got hungry. They had a bottle in hand just in case, but we didn't need it! All that hype..

I am much more awake and observant, especially on our outings! I especially enjoyed Summer Streets, the tunnel art exhibit, and Governor's Island last weekend. I did not like the ferry ride very much, but luckily it was pretty short!

Thats it folks! Tune in for more of my adventures next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment