Tuesday, July 16, 2013

8 weeks old!

My life is changing fast! Too fast if you ask me.  Not only I am getting bigger, but Mommy is working on putting me on a schedule. A schedule?  I enjoy my current life of spontaneity: eat when I want, sleep when I want, cry when I want.  I think I have momma and dadda wrapped around my baby fingers.  I cry and they come running.  Now that's the good life, I must say. This is why I adamantly oppose the entire concept of scheduling, and I have decided to fight it as much as I can.  In particular, I am opposed to the idea of scheduled meals.  Who needs breakfast or lunch when you can simply eat all the time.  In fact, I love to eat so much that the whole thing is sort of a blur such that I have no idea when or how much I have eaten during the day. All I know is that I love it.  Don't take that away from me, please!

Over the last week, I continue to become more interested in what's happening around me. I like to look at the light a lot.  Sometimes, during story time I prefer the light over what's happening in the book.  Also, sometimes I am quietly looking around and when Momma comes over to talk to me I get very interested in what she is saying, and she likes the sparkle in my eye.  I also have given my dad some of my elusive smiles when he talks to me.

I have been coming out of carrier a lot and getting less sleepy on the go.  I went to a picnic, music festival, farmers' market, street fair, and story time last week. Now, I know why its fun to be a summer baby. I even joined Niam in a piano class the other day.

I am enjoying hugs from Momma during Niam's camp days. We sing, talk and play. The days Niam is home we have lots of fun family time. Niam usually comes up with a game and reads or sings to me. When daddy comes home we play lots of games.

What's in:
- Coming out of my swaddle - big stretches and smiles.
- Yummy Vitamin D drops, more please
- Picnics

What's out:
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- sleeping between 7 and 9 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment